Vale Mary Burbidge
Sometimes there are no words to capture a person’s dedication, commitment and legacy.
Mary Burbidge sadly passed away on the 25th April 2022. Mary will be greatly missed by all at Gellibrand, especially the clients with whom Mary spent much time, and to whom Mary was so committed. The passing of a compassionate and community-minded individual, whose greatest gift to Gellibrand was her skillful and unconditional leadership over more than 40 years. Mary was a founding member of Gellibrand Support Services (formally Urimbirra), working tirelessly to establish services for people with disabilities in the west. Mary served on the Gellibrand Committee as President and number one supporter, for more than 25 years. Mary was the heart of Gellibrand. Thank you Mary, we are richer for having known you and poorer for having lost you.
What we provide
We support individuals with a disability, assisting them to improve their quality of life and achieve the outcomes that they want as valued members of the community.
Creating an environment where:
- Learning and care for others is valued, respected, and possible.
- Security and comfort are available.
- Individuals are motivated and inspired.
- Rights and responsibilities are promoted.
- Personal goals are explored, identified, and met.
- Communication is open, honest, and respectful.
- Interactions are empowering.
- Choice is encouraged and respected.