What is Support Coordination?
Support Coordination is defined by the NDIA as:
“a capacity building support to implement all supports in a participant’s plan, including informal, mainstream, community and funded supports. Support coordinators work creatively and resourcefully with participants in how they utilise their support budgets to achieve their goals”
Simply put, Support Coordination is available to help participants navigate the NDIS so that you or your loved ones are able to get the most out of your funding.
We provide two different levels of Support Coordination under the NDIS:
Support Connection: provides assistance to identify and connect you to a wide range of service providers, understand and implement your plan, answer questions and assist you with managing everything. Support Connection also helps by empowering you to become confident in understanding how to work with service providers, resolve support issues and participate independently in the NDIS.
Coordination of Supports: is similar to Support Connection but has a greater focus on: providing ongoing assistance to manage multiple complex supports, address issues faced with service providers and support delivery, managing your plan to meet changing needs, responding to a crisis and introduce you to the tools that help manage unexpected events. This also involves regular monitoring and contact with stakeholders and to provide outcome based reporting to the NDIA.
How Our Support Coordinators Can Help.
- Helping individuals to understand and navigate the NDIS so they can act independently.
- Arranging any assessments needed to determine an individuals necessary funding levels.
- Assessing a participants NDIS plan to have a conversation about what is possible with the funding.
- Empowering individuals to navigate the NDIS marketplace to find the right service providers.
- Negotiating with an individuals preferred services providers to develop fair service agreements.
- Assisting individuals to resolve any conflict or issues with service delivery.
- Providing assistance to prepare for a participants plan review.
- Providing support for individuals in times of crisis.
- Resolving, changing or ending service agreements and helping individuals understand their responsibilities under them.
Why Choose Gellibrand?
Gellibrand has been providing disability support in Melbourne for more than 40 years. By working with a diverse range of people during that time, we have gained invaluable experience and understanding of a broad range of disabilities and support options.
This experience is reflected in the service provided by our Support Coordinators. Our tenure has also allowed us to build up a large network of beneficial connections with occupational therapists, physiologists, allied health partners and other valuable service providers.
Since the initial NDIS pilot program in Victoria, we have been providing support coordination for a number of participants of all ages.
By successfully supporting clients to get the most of out of their first and subsequent plan reviews, we are able to help you understand the requirements needed no matter where you are in your journey.
We would love to hear from you to discuss how we can help you or the people you support. Give us a call on our direct NDIS line at 9300 5491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Coordination Near You
Gellibrand provides Support Coordination for NDIS participants all over Melbourne’s western and northern suburbs. This includes but is not limited to areas such as:
- Avondale Heights
- Caroline Springs
- Hoppers Crossing
- Roxburgh Park
- St. Albans
- Taylors Lake
- Yarraville and others.