Joining Gellibrand’s volunteer team can be an extremely rewarding experience but it’s the positive impact on the individuals we support that drives our volunteers.
We strive to assist people with a disability to improve their quality of life and achieve the outcomes that they want as valued members of the community. Our volunteers are an important piece in achieving this. Donating your time can make a real difference in someone’s life by giving them the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities.
Volunteering is a great way to:
- Share your interests and knowledge
- Give back to the community
- Meet new people and perspectives
- Build your work experience
- Make a difference
- Have fun
All of our volunteers receive an induction and ongoing guidance from our volunteer coordinator to support and empower individuals with a disability.
Interested in Volunteering?
We would love to hear from you whether you are an individual or group looking for volunteer opportunities. For the safety and wellbeing of our clients, all Gellibrand volunteers must complete a couple of checks. Contact us and we will gladly assist you with the information needed to:
- Undergo a Victorian Police check.
- Give approval to be checked against the Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme list.
- Obtain a First Aid Certificate. (This may not be necessary depending on your role)
Gellibrand is always on the look-out for enthusiastic volunteers. For more information please contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9300 5412.